Elimination communication books and resources I used
- Go Diaper Free: A simple handbook for elimination communication (for babies 0-18 months) by Andrea Olsen
- Diaper Free: The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene by Ingrid Bauer
- The Other Baby Book: A Natural Approach to Baby’s First Year by Megan McGrory Massaro (Author), Miriam J. Katz (Author), Barbara Nicolson (forward) Note: I would recommend this book to someone who is just starting to look for alternative practices in childbirth and childcare. It provides just enough detail to pique your interest to do more research on the subjects of many naturally minded practices like baby-wearing, breastfeeding, co sleeping and elimination communication.
- Go Diaper Free mini-course bundle: All 7 mini-courses. Lifetime access. The videos in this course of how to actually hold the baby and routine while on the go was extremely helpful and relieved the anxiety on how I was going to apply elimination communication in a practical way.
- Your own application of the process will help you learn the most!
- Disposables diapers (anything on sale or your preference)
- Cloth Diapers (I used unbleached, organic prefolds and recently bought Schloomb fitteds to try. My experience with Schloomb cloth fitteds for Elimination Communication opened my eyes to different possibilities on how I approached pottying my second daughter.)
- Diaper covers (I used FLIP and Tiny Undies Covers (great for mobile babies), Upcycled wool covers (never lay may baby in plastic)
- Top-hat potty
- Mini Potty
- Tiny Trainers
- Tiny Undies
- Pottete Plus Portable Potty
- IKEA Mini Potty
Note: you can use whatever clothing you already have. I started out with baby clothes that I received for my baby shower. You can tweek them (I cut mine) or buy clothes that make EC easier for you as you discover what works for you and your little one. The list below are items I bought after applying EC and out that these worked better for Atlas and I.
- Baby gowns
- Thigh high long socks for babies
- One-piece with zippers that open up or down
- shirts (just shirts, no bottoms for around the house)
Real life examples of applying elimination communication
You can read my journey with elimination communication with my first born. You can also follow along my journey with elimination communication my second child along with how I EC with two little ones. I recommend going on YouTube to search “elimination communication”. Watch and listen with an open mind what these mamas have to say and get inspired with their routine and raw experience.
Podcast (sometimes I feel I have too much to do than to read and watch videos)
- Go Diaper Free Podcast (It is also available on Itunes)
- How my baby uses the toilet before 12 months
- Baby Elimination Communication: Why & How to Do It by Mamanatural.com
- What’s the difference between Potty Training and Elimination Communication by mummyinprovence.com/
- The Mellow Mama – Elimination Communication, Early Potty Training? Diaper-Free babies
- Vegan Michele – DIAPER FREE UPDATE
- Go Diaper Free Channel